Explore languages by studying Japanese this summer.
Explore languages by studying German this summer.
Studying language for personal or professional development can be a rewarding, fun way to improve yourself. Learn about youth and adult options at the Foreign Language Institute.
Expand your professional opportunities. Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi, Korean, and Russian are considered critical, and you have access to them at Missouri State.
Who can attend?
- College students. The Foreign Language Institute is a Missouri State University-led partnership with Evangel University, Ozarks Technical Community College, Baptist Bible College, and Southwest Baptist University.
- High school students. These students may earn transferable college credit.
- Community members. We offer noncredit courses tailored to the needs of travelers, as well as summer camps for children. Community members may also register for any for credit course. Contact the FLI Coordinator for more information or with any questions you may have.
How to enroll
Determine what course options the Foreign Language Institute can offer you.
Attending the FLI
- Most courses are held in downtown Springfield, in the Jim D. Morris Center
- Free parking is available for downtown classes
- Most courses are held in the evenings
- For-credit courses are taught in a four-semester sequence